When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourselfTecumseh (1768-1813)
I am reading The Magic by Rhonda Byrne. This book will remind me to stay positive and grateful for the abundance I have in my life. I am truly blessed and when I am stumbling upon my addiction to alcohol, I forget how lucky I am. It’s time for me to change my mindset and heal my life, body and soul.
This book will teach me 28 magical practices (to be done in 28 days), helping me learn how to use gratitude’s magical power to be happier and healthier. I am ready for to be sober, once and for all.
The first magical practiced calls on me to make a list of ten blessings in my life I am grateful for. I must repeat this every morning for the next 27 days! This is my plan.
I am hoping this will help me begin a new journey to sobriety!
- I am blessed to have the capability to run. Running keeps me fit, keeps my endorphins rocking and makes me feel alive!
- I am grateful when I woke up without a hangover today. This helped me be more productive and feel good throughout the day.
- I am blessed to have a liver that helped support my addiction since the age of 16.
- I am grateful to have such a cozy home. I rent my place, but it’s one of my favourite places to be.
- I am thankful that my 29-year-old son found a love that makes him happy. For the longest time, he didn’t think love existed, and this scared me.
- I am thankful for my dog. Her name is Sasha. She is 13 years old. She loves me and follows me everywhere.
- I am grateful for my career and the opportunity I have to teach Grade 1 until I retire.
- I am thankful for birds, especially Bluejays. They visit almost daily and remind me to stay spiritual.
- I am grateful for my 19-year-old daughter, who challenges me. This is one I want to work on. I’m sure there is a good reason for it. I love her to the moon and back.
- I am thankful for my 16-year-old son, who has a great big heart and stays positive around this home.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
I’ve been sober for 2 days.